Friday, June 25, 2010

Let our lives begin.....

Our lives were kinda on hold the last two years while I was finishing school, but now let them continue :) Mike has already commented on how different I seem.

 So yes, thank you for your prayers Tuesday as I took my boards. I was nervous but not as nervous as I thought I would be. I ended up taking 103 questions before the computer shut off. From that moment till when I found out my results I was a walking zombie. I had myself convinced that I didn't pass (it was a hard test!) I kept looking up questions that I could remember. I'm never a patient person, but goodness the waiting was horrible!!! I knew that my results would be posted at 3:00 am Thursday. So we tried to sleep. Mike had all intentions of staying up but ended up falling asleep about 1:30. I woke up at 3:25 am and slowly got out of bed. As I opened my laptop my hands were shaking so badly it was very hard to type, I've never been so nervous before! Finally, I saw my name listed under active registered nurses in Oklahoma and begin crying and sprinting back to our room to wake Mike up! What a great feeling!!!! I just feel like my life it beginning because I'm finally living my dream, I'm finally doing exactly what God has created me to do! Becoming an RN has been a lifelong dream and I'm glad to finally say......CHECK! Thank you Lord! I start work July 6. Just in time for 3 weeks and then.....Hawaii!!!!!

So, with my added free time to my life I have been......SLEEPING! I'm not sure it it's my body has just crashed because it's been under so much stress these last few years or sweet little K is growing a ton, but I can't get enough sleep! 12 hours last night and a 2 hour nap today, life is good :) I did accomplish a large task of cleaning out the refrigerator today. I feel like it's a new fridge, it looks so good.


Sweet baby K is now 12 weeks old! He/she is the size of a lime (a little over 2 inches long). It's little fingers are beginning to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements! I promise to post pictures as soon as you can tell there is a hump. There is hump but the my shirt often hides it. How we can't wait to meet our little one!!!!!!

1 comment:

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...