Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Iowa here we come

I don't feel like we stay in one place for very long, especially in the summer. Tomorrow we leave for Iowa for a few days to help celebrate my uncle's wedding and my cousins wedding. It's crazy because they both are getting married the same day and they are on different sides of the family. We can't complain because it allows us to go to both. So the plan is to leave tomorrow after Mike gets home from work and pull into CR late tomorrow night :)

This week Mike & I have been busy with our youth missions trip. This is the second year we've done it here in Bartlesville. We started Sunday night and will end tonight. We all stay at the church & in the morning head out to serve the 'Ville. I've learned a lot about myself this week... my body is not my own anymore! These overnights usually do make me tired, but this week I've experienced a tired I've never known before. So I've been sneaking away during the afternoons and getting some much needed rest. I'm trying & learning how to not feel guilty for this. I have really missed not being with the teens as much as I could. I feel guilty for not being able to help Mike out like I always have been. But, this is a new season that is uncharted territory for Mike & I. We are so excited to be having a baby, it's just already at 9 weeks and 6 days along that we learning a little on how life will be different and just learning how to go with the flow. It has been great having our teens kinda "come along" on this pregnancy thing with us. This week some of the boys have started having questions for me. My favorite was from Matthew. We were in the kitchen together, he mumbled something at me and I told him, "I didn't hear you" Matthew: "Oh never mind" Me: "No, please ask me your question" Matthew: "I just wanted to know, um..., well..., is it weird knowing your growing another human in you?" Lots of questions like that, that I just love! Oh, and the teens had a great idea (well they thought it was great at least), they think the youth group should name our baby! So they've been thinking up names all week :) How sweet are they ;) They are all going to be such great big friends to our little Kaelber!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...