Thursday, June 3, 2010

A long weekend with friends in Denver :)


This marks the 5th year this group has gotten together somewhere in the country! And goodness how Mike & I always look forward to it every year. It's fun to think that the group started with 5 "human" members and has now evolved to 9 human heart beats (Counting little Kaelber of course)! I have an inkling that growth will be happening yearly for the next many years ahead :) I'll explain the weekend through pictures below:



One of our many fancy feasts...steak kabobs! So good!

Heather & Elaine surprised me with my first baby shower! The afternoon was spent just us girls, eating Coldstone Ice Cream, opening gifts and shopping! What a blessing to have such close friends in my life.



This was exactly what Gunner was waiting for, his little friend!


Our campsite has a fun little marina just a short walk away where we paddle boated and watch the pups swim in the freezing cold mountain water.

J&E took off early which left us 4 to explore mountains. This picture proudly displays us on the summit of Mt. Evans which it's claim to fame is one of the fourteeners!

We just LOVE Colorado! I actually found myself a few times yelling, "I love Colorado!"



Fun times hanging out at the campsite.


So funny! Can you see Trig swimming away? Well this pic was snapped after he tried climbing onto their boat. Poor guy hung on for a few minutes to their boat desperately wanting to go with them before he heard me calling him back to shore. At one point I thought I was going to have to swim after him because he was so exhausted swimming back.



The beauty of the mountains is just incredible! It made us think so many times that it took the Lord only 6 days to create this majestic beauty and has sense been creating Heaven! We serve a God that loves us more than we will ever imagine!

It was such a great weekend! We love the openness and freeness we get to experience with our friends. Every ending is always sad but being able to look forward to next year is just so exciting! California 2011.....here we come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...