Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Do you ever have any of those times where you really want something. Not like I can live without it, but it would be nice to have it. But I REALLY want it. Friends, I really want little Parker here! Every fiber in my being, every everything in me wants their little brother here. It's not the uncomforts of pregnancy that I'm wanting over (don't get me wrong I would LOVE to sleep on my belly, drink a fully caffeinated coffee and sit on the ground wrestling my children). This picture above just looks empty. Don't these two little faces just scream, "We need a third to get in trouble with!" And then the realities of having 3 kiddos under the age of 3 because a bit scary and overwhelming. Thoughts of "will my house ever be clean?, will we ever eat anything other than peanut butter and honey sandwiches, do we just look crazy to others, will we ever be able to find a babysitter for 3 kids?" sink in. I don't care, I'm ready for this boy to be here! We all are. His clothes are hung, his room is as ready as it's going to get. Yes, I admit he doesn't have everything that Brody and Aubrie had when we were anticipating their arrivals. A perfectly decorated room, new clothes that were in perfect condition, oh mercy not even a baby book. At points I get to the verge of saying a swear word about everything we did for them because now I just feel bad that it's not being reciprocated to #3. I've had third children tell me how awful their lives were because they were the third and just "forgotten" about. Now the teenage girl who told me that was already emotional and about to leave for college, so really I didn't take it too seriously. But, then I quickly remember this. Little Parker is so beyond loved at this moment and our lips haven't even touched his tiny face yet, can you imagine how much that love is going to burst at the seams the second he is placed in my arms!!???  Also he gets to come home to a brother and a sister, something we weren't able to give the other two kids when we brought them home. He will be one loved kid and so if he gets upset by feeling as if he were just an afterthought later on in life, Mike and I have done something wrong in raising him. So, with that sweet child in my belly, taking up way too much room and not having any room left for your self, it's time to come out or in Brody's words, "It's time to pop out of my belly" ;) You've baked long enough, come little boy, please come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...