Monday, February 10, 2014

Last week we had snow and super cold temperatures in the 'Ville, which equates to the town being shut down. A splash of energy overcame me and we all pitched in to make and decorate Valentines Cookies.
 The idea are always better in my mind then the absolute chaos they turn out to be :) Aubrie has learned to climb onto the kitchen chairs so that means I have 2 helpers now when baking. Her little fingers lead her into I'm sure every ingredient we put into these cookies. I even saw a handful of butter go into that sweet mouth of hers!
 Decorating was the best part of all though. It lasted a whopping 10-15 minutes before we had to put a kabosh to it. First off having cookies AND frosting all at a finger tip away and not being allowed to eat everyone them, and then realizing the decorations were made out of sugar brought so much joy to our sugar crazed kiddos ;) They really did have a blast and Mike and I couldn't stop laughing at their hard "work" and "dedication" to eating, licking and "decorating".
 Their creations really were super cute!
 See what I mean, Brody in the act of shoving a handful of sprinkles in his mouth ;)
As we enter into baby week we are all feeling a sigh of relief. We did it, we are here and Baby Parker will be joining us by the end of the week! There have been two days in the last couple weeks of many signs of impeding labor, but no luck. This is the part of being induced that I love. There is an end date, something concrete and a goal I can see. So either we wait till Thursday for evacuation day or he will come one his own before then. At lunch today I asked B and A who was excited for Baby Parker to join us this week?? Brody threw his hands up in the air as he shouted "I am!!". Well he did this so forcefully he knocked himself out of the chair and flat on the floor! We are all ready for your arrival Baby Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...