Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Brody!

A three year old!!! A three year old! I can't believe we have a three year old on our hands!!!!
The Brodster has been so excited for his birthday. So much so when he woke up January 1 and I told him happy birthday, he quickly said, "Don't say that momma! Not yet!" He was in disbelief that his day was actually and finally here :) He was a believer when he walked into the kitchen and saw his chair decorated in balloons and presents waiting for him. We had such a fun day celebrating our sweet big boy. Cinnamon rolls with apple juice for breakfast. We NEVER have juice, it's very rarely in the house. That being said, we had one SUPER happy kiddo :) Brody got to choose where to eat lunch. All he wanted was a quesidilla,  rice and beans. Mexican!! :) He wasn't a fan of our favorite Mexican restaurant once they began singing happy birthday to him though ;)
And FINALLY what he was waiting for eternity for (I know that's how it seems in little kid land at least) his Planes party!!! We kept with our Christmas lesson, simple, simple, simple. We had it at the church (no house prep) at 3:00 pm (no big meal, just fun snacks) and invited just a few friends. I see many more parties just like this in our future ;)
Brody choose pretzels, marshmallows, M&M's and popcorn for snacks :) All with cake/ice cream, punch and again apple juice boxes. It was perfect!
The kids got to run off all their winter energy and we got to visit with our friends. The room is big and empty with a closest FULL of kiddo toys. So we just let the kids have at it. They could run as fast, jump as high, be as crazy as they wanted! I loved it, nothing to break! Of course they used extreme caution around the snack table because no one wanted to loose that ;)
I love singing happy birthday to my kids. Each time I do, I hold everything in me from crying my eye's out. I get overwhelmed with all types of emotions. I think of how proud of them I am, how they are mine my kids (it's still a crazy concept to grasp) I'm beyond humbled the Lord has entrusted Mike and I to raise them, then I think back to the day they were born and holding their tiny bodies. I never knew that silly song of celebration could do so much to ones heart!
Aubs girl learned quickly what the snack table had on it :) Is it bad I just closed my eye's and let her have her fun? I really didn't want to know how many marshmallows and M&M's she had. Her hand was almost always up on that table :)
Have I mentioned yet how fun it was to just simply play!!!!???


The cake, of course, was a hit! I'm not sure what I would do without my friend, the cake maker! She does great work!!

Brody went to bed telling me how badly he really wanted another birthday party :) 
I don't praise God enough for this full of energy, extremely independent, stubborn, inquisitive, loves to sing at the top of his lungs, heart of gold that melts your heart to puddles in seconds, social Brody Daniel Kaelber. Thank you Jesus!!!!! Our lives would be so boring and unfulfilled without him! We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...