Wednesday, September 12, 2012

2 months





Sweet thang had her 2 month check up today. Can you believe it? 2 months already! These days are flying by. I blinked and now Brody is almost 2, so we are trying to keep our eye's wide open over here but somehow time is still flying by! 
We are on the complete other end of the spectrum with Aub's. She weighs 11 lbs 9 oz and that places her in the 50-75% for wight and she is in the 90% for height! Holy cow! I knew she was getting long once she began to outgrow her 3 month clothes, but goodness! Here are a few more highlights:

  • Has the most beautiful smile and often times smiles at the song "You are my Sunshine my only Sunshine"
  • Is FINALLY going 8 hours at night (well the last 2 nights at least). Bedtime feeding at 10 pm and wakes between 6:30-7:00am. She has shown some major stubbornness with her night time sleep but after 2 weeks broke her from waking up at 4 am! YAY!
  • Continues to LOVE sleep (she really is my girl!) It's still a chore to keep her awake during wake times.
  • Nursing every 4 hours and she continues to be short, sweet and to the point. I remember with Brody nursing was such a great excuse to sit and watch TV for awhile or at least let it get me out of cleaning up after dinner. Not for sweet Aubrie though, she means business. 
  • Doesn't need to be swaddled anymore.
  • Really likes to suck her finger (as of day actually). I've caught that thumb in her mouth a few times!
  • Continues to be ADORED by her brother! Brody is now saying "Aubi, Aubi" and is the first person he wants to see in the morning and when he wakes up from his nap. Brody loves rubbing her head and playing with her hands/feet. It's amazing how gentle he is with her and recently I've discovered he has a look for that he gives no one else. It's this protective, adorning look that melts my heart every time!

Aubrie continues to be a bit of a drama queen. I promise you the second she gets tired watch out world she's going to fall apart at the seams! Just like the picture above :) It is really cute though ;) She got shots today (we all got shots actually!). As soon as the first one went it of course she screams. Me seeing her pain I begin crying with her until I realize the girl hasn't taken a breath in quite some time (of course this is in a matter of tiny seconds). My tears quit as I begin gently shaking her saying, "Breath girl, breath" and the nurse quickly blows hard in her face and finally she took a huge breath and cried. I'm not sure if I have ever been so happy to hear that cry! This truly goes to show how dramatic she is ;) 

My heart has been SO full these last few months! I LOVE having children, I LOVE our growing family! Brody is growing up to be such a gentle heart all boy kind of boy and I find myself a million times a day saying how proud of him I am.Like the other night during family devotions we were praying and B reaches over and grabs my arm. I ask him if he would like to hold my hand instead and we sat holding hands and praying!  I find myself a million times a day just staring at our daughter and thinking how beautiful she is and just how perfect she is. I LOVE every bit of each of them and love how I don't love either of them less. My heart just grew and I love it! Yes, there are moments (lots of moments!) that are difficult and frustrating but we are praising the Father for His wonderful gift of family! I say this often but truly, life is good and God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...