Monday, March 18, 2013

What a special time of celebrating my Grandpa's life last week. Gosh how we all miss him so much. Will it ever seem real, that he is gone? I do celebrate knowing He is pain free, but goodness, I just simply miss him. At his visitation he had requested that all of us family wear his absolute favorite team, Chicago Cubs. Afterward we all went out for pizza. You would have thought we just walked out of Wrigley Field with all the blue and red we were sporting, it was great! We know Grandpa would have been so proud :)
Brody and Aubrie were such troopers though the whole thing, we were so proud of them. We did decide to keep them with a sitter on the day of Grandpa's funeral. Selfishly I really missed those two kiddos that day because they've been such a much needed distraction though the sadness and just two really sweet faces to look at through tears.
Those dark,big brown eyes! I just can't get enough of them!!

So we are home now and have vowed that we will not be taking anymore road trips for a really, really long time (not even to Tulsa!). We are staying here in the 'ville. No one here is complaining! 
So anywho.......the Aubs girl is 8 months! I've done a terrible job at doing her monthly updates, so here are a few:
  • Sits up like a pro
  • Rolls over like a pro
  • Perfers standing to anything else
  • Loves eating Puffs
  • Wearing 6-9 month (but more on the 9 month side) clothes
  • Sleeps with her 2 monkeys, Rain and Molly.
  • Dropped the 3rd nap. She now just takes 2 two hour naps a day. One at 10 and the other at 2, conveniently when B takes his afternoon nap.
  • Really is not liking her bottle much anymore, she much prefers the source of her milk :)
  • Continues to have such adorning eye's for her brother.


Mike and I got away on our yearly "get away" trip earlier this month! We went to Wichita, Kansas for a marriage conference that was 2 nights! Goodness how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting away with my husband. Did I miss the kiddos, yea not really (don't judge me, I really don't even feel bad). Of course it was really fun and exciting to come home to them, but it's just so nice to just date all weekend. I mean really we are the reason they are here, right. I'm so glad we've made getting away at least every year a top priority. Already looking forward to next year because I wont be so bound to our frozen milk supply. Really excited for the year we can be gone for a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...