Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Brody LOVES basketball! In fact I kinda think he's pretty good at it. I know I'm his momma and am a tad biased, but he's sort of known for his hoops. Sometimes that's how others in the nursery remember him. They will saying something like, "Oh yea that's the boy that plays basketball" or "Oh yea Brody! He made those crazy shots last week!" His daddy is pretty proud to say the least ;)
 Uncle Spencer came to visit last week during his Spring Break! Uncle Spenc loves basketball also so, goodness, thats all they did! To top it off it was March Madness time. I'm pretty sure we dreamt of basketball for a week :) Really though, it was such a fun time of having him down. Brody was is udder despair the first few days after he left :( Every time the garage door would open he would jump up and down yelling, "Uncle Spenc is back!" Heartbreaking when he would find out the truth.
f
Mike and I have been following the Dave Ramsey financial plan sense last October. Last Friday we made out very last school loan payment that took us out of debt! (Well of course we have our mortgage). We worked so hard for this accomplishment! So to celebrate we entered into this century with getting I Phones! Technology throws my brain to mush but I'm so excited to be able to take pictures and videos of my kiddos! Really and honestly thats the reason I wanted one :)
 My Grandpa was a barber right up to a few weeks before he went Home with Jesus. He had his own barber shop that was such a staple in our family. We would simply go to the barber shop for haircuts (well the guys would, he never liked cutting girls hair. But the gals often times tagged along because it was fun). Anyways, while we were home I went through some of Grandpa's barber shop things. Immediately I knew what I wanted. I cut Mike's hair and hope to cut Brody's soon and I always talk about needing a "cape" so that's what I took a hair cutting cape :) We used it over the weekend and it was a really neat time filled with lots of emotions. I'm glad I have it and I look forward to every hair cut I get to give my boys because it brings up so many memories. This will be one of the many ways Brody will get to remember his Great Grandpa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...