Wednesday, February 1, 2012

hand, foot and mouth....GO AWAY!

We have been hanging out and enjoying our wonderful winter so far! In all actuality, I think we got to skip winter this year (yay!!). 60's and 70's are my kind of winter :) Brod has figured out how much he LOVES being outside. He is the happiest boy with his freedom to run around chasing the "doggies" and throwing them their ball, but when it's time to come inside.....let the tantrums begin. Today my search for a play-set has begun, he would have so much fun swinging and going down the slide :)
 Friday a very cruel and non welcomed virus entered our home! It started as a nasty looking rash on B's little bottom. Saturday morning he woke up covered in vomit and diarrhea (poor guy!). That afternoon I gave in and took him to see the doctor. She found an ear infection and tonsillitis and kinda just blew off my sons welted looking tooshy that was spreading to his legs. We left thinking we can make it till Monday till our doctor can look at him. By Monday this "rash" had spread to his legs, arms, face, hands and feet. He wasn't really eating and his sleep was terrible! We thought the kid had chicken pox for sure. But really she looked at him right away and said he had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease!! I was really disgusted by that diagnosis because I thought it was such a dirty disease. Come to find out it's pretty common amongst babies up to 5 years old! So all we can do is let it run it's course.
 Last night was the first night in 3 nights the B man has slept all night, we were very thankful! His little bumps are drying up and scabbing over nicely, we can see a full recovery coming very soon :) The whole time he was feeling cruddy I kept telling him, "I would give anything to take your symptoms away." Low and behold, I came home from work early Monday with the flu! We quickly called in backup (my sister Meghan) to help Mike take care of both B and me. What a time! So we are now both in recovery mode, oh mercy!

We see my baby doctor tomorrow and he promised we would take a look to see if we can see a little penis or little who-ha! Its a bit early (17 weeks) but we'll see ;) So stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...