Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The weight has been added!

The Brodster has a follow up weight appointment today. I was a bit nervous about what his weight would be with his feeling icky last week and just refusing to eat lately. However......the boy has put on tons of weight! In the last 9 days be packed on 6 ounces! :) I'm not sure who is feeding this kid but yay!!!! What also it could be is that lately whatever momma eats, Brody eats. He thinks it's his job in life to crawl on my lap and eat my food. Last night it was chili. I really thought he would take one bite and turn his nose up. Nope he kept chowing down as you can notice from all the sauce on his face ;)
The other day I had a huge breakthrough with B that made me feel like the best mom in the world (its true). The boy is demonstrating his independence by choosing not to eat at meal times. His favorite foods even. So frustrating! Little to say at times he was starving, but I refused to give him snacks. He has to learn, right...?? Then Monday I decided he was going to stay in his highchair till his food was gone. Poor guy didn't like that decision as he voiced his opinion loudly! I was on the verge of a mommy meltdown as I was thinking about adding another baby to the madness soon! He sat there though and finally after about 20 minutes began eating a few bites. The big breakthrough came when I just thought I will feed him myself. I grabbed one of his forks (that we've been very anxious to use because it looks like a construction truck), his face lit up, I handed him the fork and HE ATE!!!!!!!!!!!! The poor, sweet guy all he wanted to do was use utensils like he sees me and Mike using. The last two days meal times have been delightful :) Oh my stubborn, independent child, how you can bring out the worst in me but yet bring out the best in me :) Now I can hold my head up high and say confidently, "Baby girl we are ready for you!" (At least until our next hurdle with B next week ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...