Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sick

I'm not sure what I was thinking but I truly believed that when you became a mother all sickness just disappeared from you. Well.....I got a great dose of how wrong I was this week! Monday morning I woke up sicker than sick! I had it all fever, chills, vomiting and other things I don't care to mention. Lets just say the whole day I was either in bed or camped out in the bathroom! Thankfully Mike was able to work from home and hang out with the B man. It just killed me hearing that sweet little boy play and laugh and not being able to kiss, tickle or love on him. Mike is a great nurse though! He definitely wins the prize for Mr. Mom! He did it all! Laundry, dishes, Brod's bath, kept the house picked up, various runs to the store for Sprite, Gatorade and soup, and yet still had time to hand me a cold rag every time I visited the bathroom! I'm so thankful for such a great husband! The fever broke Monday night, Mike took the morning off yesterday as I was gaining some strength back, I still napped every time Brody layed down and today...well we are almost back to normal. I'm having a hard time eating/drinking anything but I'm forcing it down due to my poor son needs to continue to eat meaning I need to produce an adequate milk supply for him. So all in all we will all survive! Needless to say....YES....mommas do get sick and how cruddy it is!! But with a great and loving husband it's not the end of the world :) I'm not sure why the Lord has blessed me with such a perfect guy, but I'm beyond thankful for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...