Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hollywood came calling.......

Yesterday was an eventful day, to say the least. You may remember back in August I blogged about a movie being filmed in the 'ville starring Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams and Olga K (can never remember the last name). They were back in town over this weekend to finish up filming. I had felt like EVERYONE except me had seen or met any three of these people, I had given up all hope....until I got the phone call ;)

Some friends of ours called us saying that the crew was filming in their front yard and Ben was sitting with Olga in on their sidewalk! We of course quickly loaded up Brod and headed over to the shoot. Thankfully we knew the police officer patrolling the barricade and she allowed us to enter and precede to our friends home. I spent the next 1/2 hour in dream land watching the filming and Ben just hang out not even 20 feet from the window! A knock was heard on the door and a woman from the crew was asking to use our friend's restroom. She came in, did her business and as she was leaving spotted Brody. I told her all about him and she said, "Do you mind if Olga holds him and we get a shot of him?" Okay so mind you I had no clue at this moment who Olga even was. All I was thinking was this lady is going to take me to the crew so of course you can get a shot of  my son! She took me right outside, just feet away from filming and introduced me to everyone! Came to find out this was the directors wife!!! I kept telling myself, "Act cool, act cool, act cool!" Then.......Ben walked by!!!! She looked at me and asked if I knew who Ben was. I took a big gulp, I know my heart stopped for a second, composed myself and said, "Umm, well yea, I'm a fan of his" Remember all cool though :) She then pulled me along saying, "Let's go meet him". He had just gotten into a van to be taken to another shoot but she opened the door and said, "Ben I would like you to meet my friend Ashley and her boy Brody." This was my moment to shine. My moment I had waited for and dreamt about for months. I had practiced and rehearsed all that I would say to him from the moment I heard he was in the 'ville. I was ready!................YEA RIGHT!!! Nothing I rehearsed came out. There was no inviting him to dinner, there was no inviting him to church, there was no autograph signed no picture taken no message for him to give to his wife, Jennifer, none of that! Bummer! No regrets though. I reached out my hand (yes our hands touched!) and welcomed him to Bartelsville. He asked about Brody and thought it was cool that his birthday was New Years Day, and that's about it. The director quickly closed the door and the driver took him away. I stayed cool and collected as my heart was pounding and my head was screaming, "I SHOOK BEN'S HAND!!!! AWWWWWW!!!" The directors wife brought me back to the filming as we watched a lady being shot. That lady then walked over to Brody and said, "It's baby time!" It was now I finally realized they wanted to film Brody for the movie!!!! Could this day get any better!!??? I handed her to Brody and taught her some of his favorite positions of being held. As she walked closer to the camera I whispered to her assistant person, "Who is this actress?" She told me Olga (something) and she was one of the leads in the film. I felt like I should have known her so my questions ended there and knew I would Google her when we got home. For the next 30 minutes I got to be right behind the camera as Olga held B being filming away. It was everything I imagined Hollywood would be! B was terrific, a born star! The second he caught gglimpse of the camera his eye's came wide open and he "did his thang" :) Everyone was in love, especially his VERY proud parent's! After filming I spent some time talking with Olga about Brody, about her start, Bartlesville and her home in Ukraine, she was very friendly. We got some pictures with her and Brody and then we left. Of course on cloud nine!

When we got home I Googled this Olga girl and oh my word! Little side note first off: Mike is a HUGE James Bond fan, HUGE! I've never liked these movies at all and have told him from the getko our children will never watch these movies with you or get involved with them how you do (we own the entire collection by the way). Okay back to the story. Our Google results revealed that not only has Olga stared in many top leading rolls, she was the lead girl in the last James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, AS THE BOND GIRL!!! I thought Mike was going to cry when he realized he had met and his son was held and filmed with a Bond girl!!!! A small dream of his had come true and he didn't even know at that moment! He had so many Bond questions he could have asked her. But it's okay....we still met her! Mike has walked around all day saying, "My son was held by a Bond girl!" And I've walked around all day saying, "I met Ben Affleck!"

So there you have it, our brush with fame. It will for sure be a day we'll never forget about and have so much fun telling Brody about and showing him the pics :)

P.S: we can't post the pics of B with Olga till the movie comes out

2 comments:

  1. great story, can I post or link it on my Terrence Malick blog?

    I am @ paulmaherjr@hotmail.com

    thanks, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie is now out. Do you think it is possible to show the pictures now? Thanks! Great blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...