Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Too cute!

 I forgot to mention in the last few posts that I'm back to work. My first day was two weeks ago and it went really well. I did a whole lot better than what I thought I would. Getting ready in the morning went fine until I had my shoes on and two of my favorite guys staring at me, Mike and Brod. That's when the tears began. I was able to compose myself by the time I got to the hospital, but I saw a friend and the tears returned. I was fine after a half hour because the floor was crazy busy and I was not left with much time to think about my sweet son. Each day has gotten easier to leave. For me it's been nice to work. I'm only gone two days a week but it's been enough time away that when I return I'm excited about changing diapers again :) Also I'm able to not take my time with Brod for granted and truly cherishing every minute with him. I love being a nurse and I'm so glad I get to continue my job. Because the first few weeks of B being here were so difficult, I thought returning to work would only make me feel sorry for the new mothers. Yea no, not true. In fact it only makes me want more babies! Imagine that :) Stay tune I guess........
 We don't have pics yet, but last weekend Mike and I bought our first real "toy" a pop up camper! We've been wanting one for a couple years now and got real serious the last month. Well on Sunday a new Craigslist ad popped up and it was our dream camper (honestly) for 1/2 our budget! Too good to be true! So Aunt Meghan watched B as Mike and I drove 4 hours each way to pick it up. Friday the inside of it will be bleached and cleaned like crazy, some minor repair work and then hopefully in two weeks it's first camping debut :) We can't wait!
 The Brodster has a new toy, and goodness does he view this saucer as his job. He has lots of playing to do. He is beginning to make purposeful movements which has been great to watch.

 He also loves his jumper thing. We don't think he knows yet that he gets to control himself in this. He's always so surprised when he bounces or swings around.

He has begun to grab things in his hands! This is his first ever picture of him carrying a ball! :) One step closer to him throwing a ball for Trig :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, he is simply adorable! Sorry you've had to go back to work Ash, hope it continues to be easier than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how the pop-up camper is working for you! We go back and forth on buying one... Love finding your blog - and catching up with your cutie-patootie!

    ReplyDelete

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...