Monday, December 20, 2010

Please hold off at least one more day sweet boy....

I never thought I would be saying this but, "Sweet baby boy please don't come today." Last night we noticed our hot water heater began to leak. Big bummer but this happened about 2 years ago so we kinda knew what to do. Pull up a bit of the carpet, get all the fans out of the house and dry the padding and the carpet. Mike's brother diagnosed it as a dead water heater and the plan was today to get a new one (oh the joy of big purchases right before a new baby). We woke up today to the carpet not drying at all, in fact it was worse. Something continued to leak throughout the night. So right now I'm sitting on the half of the living room where all the furniture has been shoved to, looking out at half the room that is cement floor due to the carpet being all the way ripped up! A friend of ours just called me to swap her husband to come over and help Mike for me to come and watch movies with her and have a hot shower. I think that sounds like a great plan due to Mike not letting me do anything to help (something about being 9 months pregnant I keep hearing him say). Well I'm off to head to a fully working home (with hot water and all!)! The next post should bring a new hot water heater, new carpet/padding (probably something else also, I'm sure of) but hopefully not a new baby yet....We need to get our home back in order before we bring our boy home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...