Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My heart this Chirstmas

I struggle most times with putting words to exactly how I'm feeling. I do wish I were more eloquent, however, I'm just not :) I came across this blog today (I have no clue who this girl is) but, she placed into words exactly what my heart is feeling and thinking this Christmas season. Here is the blog address: http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2010/12/mary-did-you-know.html to visit what she wrote or read below as I copied and pasted her words to my blog:

Much like most of you - I grew up my entire life hearing the Christmas story. I knew all about Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus from a very early age. But it seems like just now - in my mid 30's - the story is coming more and more alive to me as I think about them - not just as Luke 2 - but as people who actually lived and breathed on this earth and were such an important part of my Christian faith.



When I was waiting for a baby - I would read Elizabeth (Mary's cousin)'s story over and over and read about Elizabeth who was "old and barren". I felt like that described me. And then I read how God gave her a son and said "With God ALL Things are possible". And I would wonder how excited she must have been and claimed that verse for myself!



The last two years I have thought so much about Mary. I thought about her when I was pregnant with Harper at Christmas time. I kept hearing that Faith Hill song "A Baby Changes Everything" and I couldn't quit crying. I thought about how she must have felt as a young unmarried girl knowing she was carrying a baby who would be the Messiah! I thought she probably took extra prenatal vitamins and drank lots of water and got lots of rest - because you would want to take extra care of that special baby! What a responsibility! ha!



I thought about her caring for Jesus - a son she loved. I'm sure she rocked him and cherished him and probably wondered what He would be when He grew up - like most of us moms do with our kids. She had no idea He would die on the cross to save the world from their sin.


This year - I'm thinking a lot about Jesus. I'm wondering what He was like as a toddler. I'm so curious about Him knowing He lived a life without sin. And as any mom of a toddler/preschooler knows (and will be quick to tell you! ha!) - we are BORN with as sinful nature. As I watch Harper try to run and hide from me in the pantry so she can eat chips or throw fits or do something over and over even after I say No and even discipline her - I wonder what it was like for Mary and Jesus during those toddler years.



Jesus became flesh. It's so hard to completely take hold of the idea that our Savior who bore our sins and now sits on the throne in Heaven - the one who made the heavens and earth - came to this earth and was a living, breathing human just like us. I was reading the story of Lazarus yesterday where after he died - the verse tells us "Jesus wept". Jesus felt all that we felt. No matter where we are today or what we are going through - He knows! He has felt what you feel and He understands! Isn't that comforting? I pray that during this Christmas time - if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus - that you will find that. It would be the greatest gift you could ever receive!

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...