Monday, August 18, 2014

First day of School!

 Today was the day our oldest FINALLY got to go to school! ;) I say finally because I'm pretty sure he's been begging to go to school sense the day he was born. The last year he's been so excited to drive past his school and point out E.V.E.R.Y. time where is was. He was made for this I'm almost certain ;)
 So I'm not crafty or even have the time to think ahead and to be crafty. I've seen kids take pictures with cool chalk boards for fancy pictures pointing out their first day. I brilliantly got out my computer and printer and printed this black and white beauty ;)
 Funny faces :)
 I was proud of myself, not too many tears! As we prayed in the van together I got a bit chocked up, but held it together very well!
 This is Brody's friend, Carter. They met up before school and compared water bottles and back packs! Melt my heart!
 Walking to his classroom. Aubrie was a bit jealous that she didn't get to stay also. I think though she's going to LOVE the added attention at home ;)
 Somehow Brody knew exactly what to do. He walked in and said "hi" to his teacher, put his backpack away, grabbed his markers and sat at his seat to color. He was oblivious to us even leaving. He was so ready to get the camera out of his face!

One last look at my sweet, grown up boy before releasing him to the world! Well gosh, now I'm going to cry! He is going to love school! Why we choose this pre-school is that it's M-W-F from 9:30-12:00. So just a short little bit to get him used to being away. He had such a great time!! He brought home a book order form and has LOVED looking though and re-looking through it. I didn't feel old taking him to school but I feel old seeing him be excited about the book order! I remember bringing home book orders and begging my parents to let me get book ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...