Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yesterday was a parenting day I hope not to remember. Does anyone else ever have one of those? I think both kiddos hashed out in the middle of night that the next day (yesterday) it would be fun to see if they can make momma loose it. Well...it worked. The climax of it was when me, the kiddos, my friend Emily and her kiddos (her husband is a youth pastor also, so we get together lots of Wednesday nights) were eating out. Brod reached over to my plate, slipped and fell into my soup bowel (no worries, I was so busy playing momma my soup was cold by this time, so no burns took place! phew!) and soup drenched my plate, slid down my clothes and of course splattered all over B. Then later in the dinner while holding Aubrie I discover her hair caked in Chicken Tortilla Soup. Really!? All that being said, Emily quickly said she would bring cake over to my house and us exhausted mommas would eat it while the kiddos played. Yes please! :)

I share this all to say how faithful God is. I know there is some established, older momma out there saying, "Oh honey, you'll miss these days soon enough." You know what? I just don't think I will ever long to go to bed covered in snot, boogers, applesauce, soup and coffee. What got me through yesterday was clinging to the verse, "The joy of the Lord is my strength". And oh man was He ever :) "He gives rest to the weary". Let me tell you how great I slept last night :) I am thankful for yesterday though and this is why. I'm thankful that the Lord has blessed me to be able to have two crazy kids that on some day bug me because it means I have children, my home is full. I'm thankful because it humbles me beyond words. So often I feel I may hold my head a little extra high thinking, "Wow, I really have this mom thing figured out. I should write a book" HA! Well after yesterday I'm back at my Savior's feet begging Him for wisdom and realizing I will never have this figured out. I'm thankful because it makes me remember how I need good girlfriends in my life to be able to vent to on days like yesterday (Thanks Emily!) and most importantly it reminds me ever so more of how crucial my relationship with Jesus is. Just knowing His constant presence and constant love was near, I was able to make it. 
 Today was a NEW day! I was able to get a workout in before anyone in the house was up, had such a great time in the Word and the kids have been smiles :) To top it off, I have a date with a hot honey in 45 minutes :)
 










 
The sweet laugh for today and a memory I hope to never forget is above. Brody just got out of a bath and yes, is naked. He grabbed Aubrie's doll and thought she was probably hungry. So my naked boy is breastfeeding Aubrie's doll. Is this just the greatest thing!? He then burped her and tried rocking her to sleep. I just love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...