Monday, January 14, 2013

Mike and I are going through another book by our very favorite "parenting heroes", Gary and Anne Marie Ezzo. We have read lots of their book and find so much wisdom from the words they write. In Growing Kids God's Way I recently read this little jewel:

 "We have an Owner, Jesus Christ. To Him we are absolutely precious. We are so precious that He left the splendor of heaven to come to earth to die for us (Philippians 2:6-8). It was because "God so loved the world..." (John 3:16) that set a value on mankind. Therefore, we do not direct our conduct toward others based on how valuable they are so us but on how beloved they are to God. Our kindness is a gesture we make on His behalf. Our children need to grasp that reality."

We sure do have our work cut out! "Oh Lord let us be parents that reflect these values to our children because they see them lived out in us!" Goodness, I didn't realize being parents would be so convicting and make me look inside my heart so much!

 My big helper hard at work! :) He LOVES doing what he sees Mike and I doing.
 I was doing 100 things at once this morning. I set out a bowel for Brody's oatmeal and got out Aubrie's rice cereal and left the kitchen for a quick minute. When I returned Brody had poured himself a LARGE bowl of rice cereal (Aubrie's remember) and was eating it dry with a spoon he grabbed from the drawer. HA! He told me it was "Yummy", I don't believe him :) I actually was pretty impressed that he didn't make much of a mess pouring the rice into his bowl.
This is a BIG week for the boy! Thursday we begin the potty training adventure! Last night we went out and bought Thomas and Cars big boy undies along with lots of "reward" treats and drinks! For some reason he can't get over that his undies don't go on his head though, hmmmmm.....this should be interesting ;)
When I don't think Aubrie can get any cuter.....she does! :) It will be nice to only have one kiddo in diapers. Sweet, sweet chicha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...