Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life skills....

Mike has been gone with the teens on our yearly missions trip. They headed over to Joplin, Missouri to help with tornado cleanup. This has been my first trip not to go on, ever! We just didn't think a tornado ravaged area was a very safe place for the B man. So it's been us this week and for some funny reason the Lord has chosen this week to be a week of training and learning a life skill for Brod. Oh His timing, oh His timing :)

Brod sense he was 8 weeks old has enjoyed being swaddled with his arms inside when he goes to sleep. This has been a lifesaver for us as it has allowed him to sleep long periods of time. Well this week he has begun to roll over like a crazy kid! Anytime he is lay ed down he quickly flips to his belly. It was finally on Sunday when I went into room because he was wailing and I found the poor guy flipped on his belly, face down in his bed not able to move because his arms were tucked in. That's when Mike and I decided the swaddle needs to end (easy for Mike to say, he was leaving that afternoon ;). So it's been a long few days to say the least. He is doing a whole lot better than what I thought he would do. We have always placed him on his back to sleep. Now that he's rolling he flips to his belly to sleep. I hate, hate, hate that this is how he sleeps, but what can you do?! His afternoon naps have gone pretty well it's just the nighttime. Our sweet little 12 hour night sleeper has gone to waking up as if he were a newborn these last 3 nights. He woke up 3 times last night and 2 of the times he was able to put himself back to sleep (even though that took 45 minutes) he did it! :) In the midst of wining and crying I just keep telling myself this is a life skill that he has to learn, he will only be better because of this. We will survive,we will! God promises strength for the day, I don't need sleep I just need His strength ;) Mike comes home today and I've told him because he has missed B so much this week, he can sleep on the couch and get up with him tonight as I sleep with our door shut :) I don't want to get into the way of daddy son time :) Love, love, love that idea :)

Some friends of ours have a great pool that we love going to in the summer. Yesterday was Brod's first time in it and he loved it!
I'm just amazed that he keeps his hat and shades on!
Such a good looking boy!
At one point I was holding him and he kept diving with his face first into the water! The first time I felt horrible as I thought I wasn't holding well enough, but after he kept doing it I realized we are going to have a fish on our hands next year! A successful swimming afternoon that we must make a regular thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...