Monday, July 19, 2010

15 weeks & 5 days

We got to hear a sweet little sound today that has quickly become mine & Mike's most favorite noises.....Little K's heartbeat! We had our 15 week appointment and sweet little K (even though may be giving us a run for our money) is healthy and perfect as can be, praise the Lord! I say giving us a run for our money because for a good minute maybe (probably only for a couple seconds but it felt like forever!) Dr. Craig couldn't find the heartbeat. As the seconds passed I began to go into a silent panic. The problem here is me knowing too much about what is going on because Mike hadn't put any of the situation together. Dr. then said in a very calm way, "Well I think we will get an ultrasound on you." Mike was thinking "great, I love seeing my baby," as tears began coming down my eye's I guess I gave Mike a total look of horror then he put it all together. Finally though, Little K came out of hiding and gave us a long, strong 160 beats/minute heart rate! At that moment I may have learned one of my first of many parenting moments, I have to place this little one in the hands of the Lord. I have to just simply trust Him and continue to have complete faith in Him knowing that Little K is ultimately His and also He will sustain us through any situation. We do have such a great and powerful Father who is so quick to take us in His arms, speak some wisdom into us and then continue to  pour His love out onto us! Thank you Lord!

Second trimester seems a lot more enjoyable than the first trimester. I'm beginning to slowly eat foods that a few weeks ago have made me sick, I have a bit more energy and eating as a whole has taken on a whole new meaning. I feel we may need to take out a loan for food solely for me because I keep eating! In fact, two weeks ago during nursing orientation another nurse thought I was a diabetic the first half of the day because of all that I consumed, nope it's just a baby I told her :)

I'll leave you with a 15 week pic of me. You still have to look very closely to see anything, but I promise Little K is alive and well in this belly of mine :)

1 comment:

  1. That would be nerve-racking Ash... so glad everything is okay! Hearing the heartbeat is pretty cool...

    Kel

    ReplyDelete

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...