Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Today is my first day home with all 3 kiddos by myself for the whole day! I've been spoiled and incredibly fortunate to have Mike home so much and for unexpected snow days keeping him home even longer :) And my Aunt Jodie was here for along weekend also (oh my how are we going to survive without her!) and left this morning. All the kiddos are down for a nap at the moment. I attempted a nap in my quiet home but it didn't last. I just dread falling asleep and then being woken up by a baby crying. So I will indulge in my chocolate ice cream instead ;)

So, how has it been being a family of 5? Absolutely overwhelming! We love it, of course! We love having baby Parker apart of our family. It's just a lot of work. Honestly I thought this would be a super easy transition. Adding Aubrie was super easy. But oh my goodness. Maybe it's something with Mike and I being out numbered or we are both now in our 30's?? (This getting old thing really takes a toll!!) Or we have 3 babies under the age of 3. Who knows, but I was definitely thinking ridiculous things when I thought this would be easy ;) Our whole way of thinking has been crushed and stepped on and needing to be re-invented. I know we'll get above the water eventually and this will all become second nature, but wow, 3 has really thrown us for a loop! Here are my minor freak our thoughts at the moment, #1- When will I ever go grocery shopping? Or even will I ever venture out of the house again during the day while Mike is working? I used to love taking the kids grocery shopping with me, but it would take an hour to just get out of the house now. And then how do I coral 3 kids to 1 one mom?! #2 - Who in there right mind will ever babysit 3 kids at the same time? Will we ever have a date night again? #3 - I need sleep! ;) When will I sleep for more than 3 hours at a time again?

The great thing with adding number 3 to the mix is that we know without a doubt these minor freak outs only last a season. Truly I grin a bit at the thought of how overwhelming life is right now because I know, without a doubt, we will survive and our feet will get back on the ground. We just can't let the kids catch wind that we have no clue what we are doing ;)

Sweet cousin Ashlyn came for a visit and got to fall in love with her new baby cousin :)
Brody and Aubrie continue to adore their little brother :) Their has not been a single jealousy moment yet in the 3 weeks he's been here!
Just tons of love and kisses for Baby Parker. We laugh because really Parker had to be born huge. It's his size alone that's going to save him from Brody and Aubrie's "love" ;)
Yep, they are pretty cute with him! Brody gets super excited when Parker is awake. He quickly shouts, "I see eye's!!!" Apparently Parker sleeps too much for Brody ;)

As of last Wednesday, Parks dude weighed 9lbs 7.5 oz! At 2 weeks old he outgrew his newborn diapers. We barely can sneak him into his newborn clothes anymore. Most of his clothes are Brody's when he was a baby. So Mike and I stand in his closet and select our favorite outfits of his so he can at least wear them once and we can get a picture before he outgrows them by the end of the day ;) We still are speechless at his size! He has been such a great baby! He cries when he's hungry and when his diaper is being changed and that's about all. Watch out though, his cry can be heard about a mile away :) He is our big Roley Polly, and we are just in awe of how perfect he is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...