Tuesday, May 21, 2013

We are safe from the last two days of horrific tornado outbreaks. With extremely heavy hearts we are thankful to have, yet again, escaped the devastation a tornado brings. The F-4 from yesterday that hit Moore, Oklahoma was 2 hours south of here. We had our shelter (our bathroom) ready for the second day in a row, if the sirens went off. Gosh, the clouds did look scary. I'm trying to write something profound and encouraging but the words aren't coming. It's really even difficult to find words to pray because I just simply don't know what to say. I will say this. In these moments I find the most comfort from opening my Bible and reading. That's it, just reading. There is something so extremely powerful and comforting about having my Bible open and being wrapped up in the words of God Himself! 
Mike's brother lives very close to Moore and they also are safe. Mike is already busy at work figuring out dates to take teams to help with the cleanup.
 
Anyways, Meghan graduated a week ago! My dad, brother and sister were able to make the trek down here :)
We had a fun lunch party afterward for her, complete with this yummy, yummy cake!!
It was really neat, toward the end of the party we all prayed for Meghan and this next adventure in her life.
So Brody ADORES his Uncle Spencer! ADORES! They are inseparable when together :) Above I'm pretty sure Brody is stealing Spence's nose and eating it ;)
We celebrated Mother's Day a few days after. Mike wanted to celebrate the whole day instead of just 1/2 the day with church. He blew my mind as he really did have the whole day planned! We went out for breakfast, then a picnic lunch at the park, an afternoon nap and then a date (just us 2!) to end the day. So fun! This was Aubrie's first picnic and she loved it :)
 We brought leftover cake for dessert and forgot forks. Brody thought it was the coolest thing that we dug in with our hands to eat it ;)
We even got to feed the ducks. For our animal loving boy, this was the greatest thing! He did really well and wasn't even scared one bit. He made me scared with how close he would get to them though.
Have I mentioned how much  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a momma!?? I'm still not sure when I became an adult or why in the world the Lord trusts me enough to raise kiddos, but goodness I LOVE it! :) And we do make pretty cute kids, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...