Monday, November 26, 2012

My mind has been heavy today. I keep hearing about young college students who are committing suicide. Today being another day my sister calls me to tell me of yet another girl she knew that took her life over the weekend. Each time I hear of such tragic news I'm reminded again of why it is I pray fervently for my children. I pray that they will know without a doubt who their Creator is. I pray their self confidence wont be found in anything of this world. That they wont place any of their trust in money, in friends, in possesions but ONLY in the hope of Jesus Christ. I pray that they will know without a doubt  how much Jesus loves them and also how much their momma and daddy love them to. I pray daily for the wisdom to raise children who know Christ. I pray they will simply desire to follow Christ because they see me and Mike following Him. Because really it's this simple. You'll never feel the love your looking for, you'll never feel the acceptance your seeking, you'll never be filled with the joy you long for, you'll never make enough money, nothing in life life will ever be enough UNTIL you know who Jesus Christ is. I praise God Mike and I have that relationship with Christ where our hope is placed in Him alone and so I will keep praying for our two kiddos and many family members that they too will come to know Him also. Because really, life is worth living when you know who you are living it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...