Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our Babymoon!

Months went into the planning and it finally came, our Babymoon! A Babymoon is a vacation you take with your husband/wife before your new baby is born. We learned about this while planning our trip for Hawaii while I was growing B in me. So for Brod we went to Hawaii with Aubrie we went to Arkansas (the 2 just don’t sound comparable at all!!)  I kept going back and forth on going away as it meant leaving B. I’ve left him before but it was only overnight this trip was going to be for 3 nights! But we did it and am I ever so glad that Mike and I made the effort, saved the money and did it! After 16 months of living on a schedule every day it was great to just be on Mike and me time and to be so incredible selfish with that time.
 After kissing our sweet boy good bye we headed 4 hours away to a hidden gem of a place called Mt. Magazine State Park. The conclusion we came to is that Arkansas is beautiful (at least the part we were at). We stayed at a perfect lodge at the highest point in the state. This place was an hour from anything which made it great for planning....we didn't at all! The lodge had its own restaurant, we brought snacks and so we
were set to not have to leave the lodge at all :)
 Our days were spent trying to sleep in (the boy has ruined us from truly sleeping in with resetting out internal clock), short hikes, eating, reading our Bibles together, playing games and watching TV (because we don't have cable it's always a treat going somewhere that does).
 The views were gorgeous, everywhere we looked!
 My great husband had so much patience with me and my slow, slow, slow new hiking pace these days, I was always the leader.
 We stopped often for "sightseeing" breaks aka me catching my breath breaks.


 We made sandwiches and had a picnics for lunch. Butterflies were everywhere. We had never seen so many in one place before, it was great!


We had an absolute blast just us two for 3 days! We've taken several vacations together, however, this vacation was the first one that truly felt like it had purpose. Mike and I talked lots about this last year, set new goals for our family and for ourselves in the coming year, prayed lots together, laughed together and just continued to fall more and more in love with each other! We have made a commitment now to do this every year with each other because of how much purpose we found it to have. We missed B so, so, SO much and it really was tons of fun to come home to him and watch him run into our arms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...