Monday, September 19, 2011

Working on my purpose

I had a great quite time with the Lord today! I've been working real hard to spend quality time with the Lord. I've finding how much of a discipline it truly is. I try to sit at the Lord's feet in the morning before B wakes up. It's difficult I admit. The house is quiet and my brain is buzzing with everything that needs to get done for the day. So I'm constantly fighting to re-focus my thoughts and opening my ears. I read 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12 today. I focused a lot on verse 11, " we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith." Am I fulfilling my purpose that He has for me? My purpose is to 1. love God, 2. love others and 3. help others to love and know Him.  Am I doing that or am I quickly rushing through my day placing more time and attention on things that truly don't matter in the long run. Mike and I are leading a small group and we are reading through a book called "Not a Fan" by Kyle Idleman. We've read chapter one and goodness how convicting! I'm a bit nervous to continue reading. Anyways, it's about are we who call ourselves "Christians" good fans of God or are we actually following Him in the game?  This goes right along with what I read in 2 Thessalonians. Oh how I need to re-focus and get "back into the game" and truly be living out my purpose in life.

Below is a video (a cheesy video, but I like it because it has the words to the song). I'm loving my Lincoln Brewster CD lately. This song, "Whom Shall I Fear" brought me to my knees today. My family has been asking for God's healing, forgiveness and simply a miracle to happen these last few months concerning a family issue. This song was a great reminder of God's power and the incredible amount of love He has for us! "Oh Lord thank you for Your love, thank you for your strength!!" And family who are reading this, I pray this song will encourage and strengthen you as it has me today :)
One one more side note....our child is a genious! We've been teaching B sign language for months now with no signs of fruit. Well yesterday at church the nursery worker said he was signing the word "more" because she was giving him cheerios and he wanted more! Then lastnight I was holding him and he started signing the word "eat"!! So of course we had a celebration feast with him! We are so proud of our little man who really is watching and processing things that me and his daddy do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...