Tuesday, July 5, 2011

6 months

All right...will someone please tell us where the pause button is? Somehow last week I gave birth to an absolutely perfect 5 lb 15 oz baby boy and now we have a 15 1/2 lb 6 month old!! Really!!?? How does this happen?? Sweet man...slow down!
The transition from 5 months to 6 months has been your biggest few weeks of growing. You really are a totally different boy than what you were only 4 short weeks ago.

  • You have accomplished rolling over! Not just once, but over and over and over! There has been a couple times we've moved furniture out out of the way to allow you to cruise ;)
  • First sickness......check! You've overcome your double ear infection. Sense winning that battle we all feel like warriors and can tackle anything :)
  • Being swaddled....say goodbye! After a LONG 5 nights of learning, teaching and guiding you, you can now sleep with freedom. Every morning is such a surprise of where and how we will find you in your crib. You've loved scooting yourself into the upper right corner with your little head barricaded into it. This does not look comfy, but it must be for you :)
  •  Everything continues to go into your mouth. That is why I like the picture above so much because it encompasses so much of who you are
  • You have now tasted rice, barely, carrots, squash, peas, mangoes, bananas and peaches. You love them all (especially the fruit) however...your still not a fan of those green peas :)
  • Size 2 diapers during the day and then a size 3 at night.
  • You usually sleep on your belly now. We place you on your back, however, you immediately flip over. I had such a difficult time letting you do this! The first week I think I checked on you more than I did when you were a newborn! I called your doctors office for advice and also bugged him a few times when I saw him at the hospital! I'm sorry your momma is a worry wort! Just get used to it sweet B :)
  • You now go to the church nursery and love it! This last week there were 4 other little ones who were crying when their mommy and daddies dropped them off. You on the other hand sat on the lap of a worker and smiled and giggled at the other babies.
  • And finally....this is what I saw you doing when I came home from work yesterday! Newest development is sitting up all by yourself! I'm not sure if I want to smile or cry when I look at the picture above, you are beginning to be a little man all before our eye's. I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight because when I wake up I fear you will be asking for the car keys next.
Again, I can't say it enough sweet Brody how much we love you! We praise the Lord for you at least a million times a day! Our prayers remain the same for you as every month goes by: that you will come to know Him and have a deep, personal relationship with Him at such a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...