Sunday, July 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Aubrie!

We celebrated Aubrie's 2nd birthday last week! I can hardly believe my baby girl is 2! Time just goes quicker and quicker. I'm not sure if I'm sad about that or excited about that either. I really do enjoy the kids getting older. I like the when we can talk to each other and just play together. But then again, pretty soon I wont get to tuck them in at night because they will be all grown up and out of the house, and that brings some tears! So thankfully we are only at 2 for this girlfriend! :)

 We had a very low key birthday party. Aubrie DOES NOT like to be the center of attention one bit. She becomes so shy and quiet the second she gets overwhelmed. We wanted her to be comfortable and have fun so we only invited over 2 of her friends to a Strawberry Shortcake ice cream sundae party :) Simple decorations, on the patio, and toys set out in the backyard, it was perfect!
 Of course no party is complete without a crazy big cake! My friend who makes our cakes called the morning of her party and told me she may have gotten a little carried away by the size of her cake ;) Ha! I would say so. We will be eating cake for the next month from our freezer, not a problem! :)

 
 I always tell others that Aubrie just needs super girly things. With having a big brother we have so many "boy" toys. Poor girl, that's what she plays with (Really though, boy toys are so much cooler!). But she got 2 tea sets, necklaces, wings, tutus and games. We are set :)


What a great party. Aubrie had a blast with her sweet girlfriends and never once became shy!  Bummed I didn't get a family picture. Parker wasn't feeling the greatest and slept the entire party. I was so proud of Brody and how he did a great job at celebrating his sister and had no jealousy issues of why she got to open presents and he didn't. Very proud momma! :) Happy birthday sweet Aubrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...