Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Floors and Cousins

We placed new floors in our home! It was a crazy, crazy week but goodness was it all worth it!
 Here is a snap shot of our old flooring in the kitchen. Mike tore this up, the carpet in the living room and hallway and broke up the tile in the foyer.

 As with most house projects, I'm not sure what we were thinking. I imagined it to be no big deal to keep the kiddos here in the house. I saw us going on with our normal lives. About midnight on the second work day after pulling up nails I realized I can't keep the kids in the house!
 So....the next morning after our picnic breakfast the kids and I packed up and drove to Oklahoma City to spend time with the cousins :) Duh!!! Why didn't we do this sooner?! While daddy worked away (now this is the kind of house work I can do ;)
The kid's were in heaven! 
 We love being with the cousins!!
 They even have an Oklahoma City Thunder bathroom!! What??!! This caused for some MAJOR excitement each and every time B had to go potty :) The rule was no shooting hoops until the toilet lid is closed ;) 
 Stayed up late, woke up SUPER early, got to watch TV, can life really get much better for a 2 year old?

 We had a blast while daddy worked away! Hmmm....what other projects can we start on now.. :)

We returned to the most beautiful home we've ever lived in :) Mike did WONDERFUL!!! We love our wood floors, love them, love them, love them! I love only having carpet in the bedrooms. I will never again have carpet in the living areas, never! A huge pet peeve  of mine is shoes on the carpet, I mean huge! Really, I cringe every time I see it and my heart does a tiny heart attack. I still cringe when I see shoes on my floors but the great thing is I can get on my hands and knees and scrub those shoe germs up! :) It's just beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...