Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Say the word and I'm gone..."

"Just say we are moving and I'll start packing" are the words Mike woke up to me saying this morning. We woke up with another 12 inches of snow this morning and everything closed....AGAIN!!!! Maybe I'm going stir crazy with staying inside day after day with a newborn, but I'm ready for sun, my bathing suite (I'm not sure anyone else would be ready for me in a bathing suite), the ocean, and sand between my toes. I went on a "picture vacation" just now and have stared at this pic from Kauai for awhile now. It encompasses everything I want to be doing right now.

I'm sick of the cold
I'm sick of the snow
I'm sick of being inside
I'm sick of my house being so messy
I'm sick of being tired
I'm sick to my stomach that due to 2 weeks of snow baby announcements haven't even come in the mail yet because the mail truck can't even get out! (You'll probably get your announcement once he's walking!)
I'm sick of Wal-Mart running out of food (yes true story, good thing I produce my son's milk)

Now to our many blessings that I will choose to focus on today:

I have a warm home that keeps us safe
If I had to go out we have 4 wheel drive and could maybe get around
Mike has been home A TON lately due to the church being closed!
We have a sweet little son that loves and adores us
Our sweet son has started smiling this week and cooing
Our sweet pups still love us even though they don't get worked out much lately
We have an awesome God who continues to pour out His blessings on us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...