Saturday, January 22, 2011

3 weeks old!

I can't believe our little man is 3 weeks old today! We've only been with him for 21 days, however, it seems like it's been forever. It's funny how in 3 short weeks our lives have completely changed from anything we've every known. Worries 4 weeks ago consisted of making sure I worked out in the morning or what was going to be for dinner to now figuring out how a nap would fit into the day and dinner on the table really doesn't even matter. If  Mike and I eat we eat, if not we munch on whatever is in the pantry. We are still trying to figure out how a house gets cleaned, laundry completed and food on the table with a newborn. I kinda just feel like none of these things will ever get completed for about 18 years ;)

Brody loves his changing table (along with a clean, dry diaper). There are little monkeys on the wall to his left that he spends lots of time staring at while the diaper change is going on, they keep him well entertained :)

He is still sleeping in his bassinet next to our bed at night. We are ready though to transition him to his crib, however, he HATES his crib! He's such a snuggler that we think the crib is too open for him. We've been trying to sneak him into his crib as much as we can during the day to try to get him used to it. The newest addition is this mirror inside it and he does really enjoy looking at himself. For a few minutes he's able to stare at himself and forget that he's in his crib.

He loves his hands in his face. This is how I found him sleeping the other day, precious!

We try to read at least one book a day to the B Man. He really enjoys looking at the pages and the colors. Gunner enjoys listening to the stories also ;)

And Grandma's, he's just nuts about all of you :)

On Wednesday we had pictures taken at a friend of ours studio. We hope to have the pics soon. Brody did very well! The first half he was sound asleep and the second half wide awake and content. My turn came to be peed on that day by him. We were taking what the photographer called skin pictures. Brody was naked and Mike and I had our shirts off. Mike had some great shots with Brody first and no problem. No poop or pee. As soon as it was my turn I was holding Brody over my shoulder and the photographer was shooting. Suddenly I felt a very large waterfall sensation going down my stomach and into my pants! I guess peeing all over me made him very happy because the photographer continued to shoot pics and Mike just got under Brody and held a towel to catch his pee. Oh our son :)

Happy 3 weeks to our sweet little son. We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our dude is seven!

Yes, it always seems so cliché....but, how is our 3rd child SEVEN!?  Our Parks man is just the coolest! Mike described him so great; he'...